The development section is meant for users that need advanced functions of ASReview LAB and for developers. It contains technical information on the usage, instructions for developing extensions, and an extensive API reference.
ASReview provides users an API to interact directly with the underlying ASReview machinery. This provides researchers an interface to study the behavior of algorithms and develop custom workflows. The following overview shows the available interfaces for interacting with the ASReview software:
Layer 5: ASReview CLOUD
- ASReview is currently in development. For information on ASReview CLOUD, be sure visit our communication channels.
Layer 4: ASReview LAB
- ASReview LAB is the user friendly webapp and all underlying interfaces. Documentation on LAB can be found in the ASReview LAB section.
Layer 3: REST API
- The REST API uses a Flask REST API to provide a method to let the React webapp communicate with the backend and algorithms. The REST API is not documented and should be considered ‘internal use only’.
Layer 2: Command Line
- The Command Line is an interface used to open ASReview LAB, run simulations, and run Subcommand extensions for ASReview. This development section documents all available command line options for both ASReview LAB and simulation mode.
Layer 1: API Reference
- The ASReview API is a low level Python interface for ASReview. This interface requires detailed knowledge about the workings of the software. This reference contains extensive documentation on all functions, classes, and modules found in ASReview.
- An outline for usage can be found in Simulate with Python API and Access data from ASReview file.